The Menlo Swim School introduces a new water safety program to the community - SwimSafe Parent/Child water safety classes for parents and their children age 6 months to 4 years. Learn how to work with your child to help them avoid dangerous situations in the water, find the wall on their own, and achieve a higher level of water safety skill and awareness.
- Session Dates and Hours
- Class Levels (also see our detailed Level Descriptions page)
- Registration and Pricing
SafeSwim classes are offered every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, at 12noon, 12:20pm, 12:40pm, 1:00pm, 1:20pm and 1:40pm.
Call the Service Center (650) 330-2232 to register.
Safety rules and practices for parents and children taught in Water Safety:
For the child:
- Independent swimming underwater
- Independent back float
- Pool entry and independent return to the wall
- Independent pool exit
- Safe and unsafe practices in and around pools
- Teaching methods that can be used outside of the class and with other children in the future
Your child will learn to be patient before entering a pool and never to enter until an adult who is in the water counts to 5 with him and tells him he can come in. He will have a healthy respect for the water and understand the natural consequences of jumping or swimming when a parent is not there or not ready for him. After having had enough repetition and practice your child will have the habit and ability to immediately find the wall if he jumps or falls in. He will be able to then climb out from the side or hand walk along the wall to the stairs and climb out there by himself. He will be able to swim short distances and roll over on his back to breath.
- Double diaper policy: All non-toilet trained children are required to wear a disposable diaper covered by a snug fitting reusable diaper cover. For your convenience, these are available for purchase at the front desk.
- No make-ups or refunds for missed classes.
- Menlo Swim School tuition does NOT cover any other services at the pool including the use of the Baby Pool or Open Swimming. These must be paid for separately.
- Mid-month placement depends on availability and is at a prorated fee.
- Mid-month cancellation does NOT qualify for a prorated refund.
- If you would like to cancel out of the current month you must cancel fifteen days prior to the next months billing.
- We cannot guarantee a specific instructor for a specific day/time for the duration of the month.
The Menlo Swim School is a member of the U.S. Swim School Association.