Menlo Swim and Sport is pleased to announce our expanding adult fitness programs, with the same expert instruction, professionalism, and care you've come to expect at Burgess Pool. Come join our fun, innovative, and exciting new programs in the new Arrillaga Family Gymnastics Center.
Most fitness classes are offered in the Arrillaga Family Gymnastics Center, directly adjacent to the Burgess Pool. Please allow yourselves a few extra minutes to check-in at the Front Desk at the Pool before continuing onto Boot Camp. The gymnastics center features a carpeted, spring-loaded floor, great for all the Boot Camp activities. No shoes needed for class, wear comfortable athletic clothing and bring a water bottle and towel.
On Monday, November 26, the 9:00 a.m. Boot Camp classes will move indoors to the Arrillaga Family Gym at 600 Alma Street, across Burgess Park from the Pool and Gymnastics Center. Check-in will take place at the Gym with the instructors; please give yourself extra time if you need to register before class and plan to visit the Front Desk at the Pool.
Indoor Cycling sessions are held in the new studio inside the Arrillaga Family Gymnastics Center. Our studio features new FreeMotion bikes with power meters to track your individual workout progress. Try a class with one of our expert instructors, and combine with Boot Camp or aquatics for a complete workout.
--> More information about Menlo Fitness class times and weekly schedule
You will LIFT, WALK, SWIM, and BIKE--experiencing a variety of high intensity exercise to burn calories along with strength movements for muscle tone. This variety will keep your fitness routine interesting.
**Additionally, you will have the benefits of extra class time as Pattie’s special guest for aquatic and land-based classes.
Days and times:
Monday 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 9:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
6 sessions = $180
10 sessions = $280
Limited Class Size.
To Get Started:
1) Register for your desired session and begin with a one-on-one consultation. We discuss your personal goals and create your weekly Fitness Plan.
2) Prepare yourself for a variety of workout routines. This might require you to bring along the right gear, a swim suit to bike shorts.
3) Get ready to change your eating habits. You will receive Pattie’s weekly newsletter with content to educate and support you while shedding those extra pounds.
- Warm-up/Prep: Stretch with foam rollers to balance out those tight muscles and loosen joint stiffness. Dynamic movements will prepare your muscles for the main workout.
- High Intensity Training: I will take your simple WALK routine and make it interesting with added movements to increase your heart rate. Increased heart rate means burning more calories. Other days we will enter into the CYCLING studio for strength gains in the legs. SWIMMING will increase range of motion in your hips and shoulders.
- Muscle Toning: Bands, dumb bells and TRX are combined with body weight strength exercises. My main focus will be on strengthening your core muscles.
- Monthly Goal’s are physical achievements and mental achievements. This approach will help you feel better in a matter of weeks.
If you would like to cancel your Fitness membership completely, please fill out the Cancellation Form and submit in person, by mail or via fax. Cancellation requests may also be taken by phone through the Service Center, (650) 330-2232. Cancellation requests must be submitted by the 15th of current month to terminate recurring payment/membership for the following month.
For additional information about all our adult fitness offerings, please contact Pattie Lindquist, Menlo Swim and Sport's Head of Adult Fitness.